CPR and First Aid Training
Hearsaver and BLS options available from American Heart Association.
We are located in Northeast Arkansas and will travel to you or you can come to us as well. Mr. Lee has taught children for over 22 years and knows how important it is that our staff and everyone around our children knows basic first aid and cpr.
Our Heartsaver cpr and first aid class is an instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Students learn duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
Heartsaver course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
We have the heartsaver cpr and 1st aid set for $60 total. We can set up a special class for your group. Limit to 6 per class at the moment, but can do larger groups in sections. If you want a card it is $17 additional (some workplaces require a card or proof).
BLS is the basic CPR and lifesaving course for:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Respiratory, Physical, and Occupational Therapists
- Interns and Residents
- Medical and Nursing Students
- Police Officers
If you need BLS (medical personel in a clinic or hospital setting or ambulance workers) its $60 and cards are an additional $5 and will be emailed to you after completion (usualy within 48 hours). Limit for BLS is also 6 at the moment, but can do larger groups in sections.
Concepts and skills covered in BLS include:
- high-quality CPR
- AED use
- choking relief
- ventilation techniques
- opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies.
Students who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
BLS is a credentialed course.
Providers who successfully complete the BLS course receive a course completion card valid for two years.
Call us for your group or individual training, we specialize in coming to you or you can come here to train. We recommend anyone who has done our Concealed Carry Courses signup and everyone who does our active shooter classes as well. Call us and see when our classes are or to set up a time for your group 870-761-9961.